StatCounter

StatCounter

StatCounter

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Our Shopping Centers During Covid 19 Era

If one would predict the Covid era we find ourselves in right now as a futuristic movie, they would be right on. In fact there has been movies about pandemics.

We all have watched it as a futuristic scenario. We never would think we would find ourselves living in it.

Yesterday for the very first time I took the courage to venture into Fairview mall. Upon entering and after desenfecting my hands I started hearing an announcement regarding safety. In both languages. I felt I am in a science fiction movie. Young Boys and Girls with masks were in.line to get their bubble tea. Often they kept putting their masks up and down, like one puts an underwear or a condom. I tried to keep my distance. It was first time since Covid hit us I entered a space that I felt the unpredictable crowds passing by me. Too close to my comfort. I must admit.

I entered H&M store. No line up. Desenfected my hands again. They told me you can't try out cloths. But buy them. Keep your bill. Try them out. If it doesn't fit return them back. I said OK. The store was full of millenials. Careless. Jumping on me from all corners of the store. They were out shopping in groups of 4 and 5. With their badly placed masks exposing their nose.

The shopping center had no longer the comfy leather couches to sit on. It looked bare. You could see the forever new tiles on the floors. It really felt like a bizarre space station. I never thought I would live in an era like this. Much like in the movies.